request more details
Metamorphosis Psychotherapy is used for treating depression by talking about your condition and related issues with a mental health professional. Psychotherapy is also known as talk therapy or psychological therapy. Different types of psychotherapy can be effective for depression, such as cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) or interpersonal therapy. Your mental health professional may also recommend other types of therapies. Psychotherapy can help you:
- Adjust to a crisis or other current difficulty
- Identify negative beliefs and behaviors and replace them with healthy, positive ones
- Explore relationships and experiences, and develop positive interactions with others
- Find better ways to cope and solve problems
- Identify issues that contribute to your depression and change behaviors that make it worse
- Regain a sense of satisfaction and control in your life and help ease depression symptoms, such as hopelessness and anger
- Learn to set realistic goals for your life
- Develop the ability to tolerate and accept distress using healthier behaviors
Depression is an isolating, crippling mood disorder that can make a person feel alone, misunderstood, incredibly sad and disinterested in the world.
Also known as major depressive disorder, it can negatively affect the way a person thinks, feels and behaves, leading to a wide range of negative effects on one’s personal and professional life.
Much like other related disorders such as panic disorder, depression can impose on a person’s day-to-day functionality and make them feel as though they’ve lost all meaning in their life, or that it isn’t worth living.
Our depression treatment program is designed for each client individually by a team of talented therapists with decades of experience in mental health disorders treatment.
At Metamorphosis, we understand that depression is a challenging, highly personal disorder that affects each individual differently and that it isn’t just about “feeling blues”, or it is something one can easily “snap out of”.
At our treatment centre, we utilize the most effective mental health treatment techniques like Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) for depression and concurrent mental health disorders, with a comprehensive approach that focuses on helping people through depression long-term.
Individualized treatment methods focusing on therapy and support for you and your family will help you past your depression so that you do not feel that it defines you.
We are here to help you regain control of your life.